StandardsInternational : Nexans specification
National : Factory standard
NS2 which is made of powder coated galvanized steel is suitable for use in all types of splicing and / or branching.
Suitable environments are indoors or outdoors in cable cabinet or similar.
NS2 has the capacity for splicing up to 96 fibers in single fiber type (two splice cassettes). NS2 is designed for "midspan" without additional accessories needs to be acquired.
NS2 is supplied with the ability to splice 48 fibers (one splice cassette) and the possibility to connect two trunk cables with dimensions up to 22 mm. NS2 is supplemented with connections to the micro cables or micro ducts to be connected, see Accessories for NS2 and NS4. For additional splice capacity, up to 96 fibers, supplemented NS2 with a splice cassette.
If NS2 is used in cable cabinets or the like the top cover can be used as distance in order to facilitate accessibility for installation.
For more information refer to installation instructions.
The basic version includes:
- Connection of two cables (mid span)
- One splice cassette
- Lock cylinder (scored)
- Five plastic clips
- Connection for 8 cables with a dimension of up to 9 mm
- Connection for 48 micro cables with a dimension between 1.0 and 2.0 mm
- Connection for 2 cables (9-22 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (7 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (5 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (4 mm)
- Connection of micro ducts (3 mm)
- Splice cassette
For more information refer to "Splice cabinet NS2 and NS4, accessories"
|Approximate weight per piece||2kg|
|Field of application||Indoor, Outdoor|